Friday 26 January 2018

Let's start Frolicking again.....

....Hmmm!  Somehow Friday Frolics fell off everyone's radar sometime in mid-July last year.  I know that I had been doing really well, posting pretty regularly but then BOOM! LIFE GOT IN THE WAY IN A VERY BIG WAY!

I am sure it was the same for many of you.....

However, here we are at the start of a brand new year, 2018 (although nearly one month of it has passed us by so quickly), so all is forgiven and here are my first two Friday Frolics for 2018!


"'Twas the night before Christmas Sampler" from Prairie Schooler Book #63 Christmas Samplers ....

This is where I was up to two Fridays ago, when I picked this piece up again after several months hiatus.



 This is my first FF progress pic (19/01/18) ....



.... and here is my second FF (26/01/18), although in the interests of full disclosure, I would have to admit that I have been stitching on it off and on throughout the intervening week....


So, I am hoping for a Happy Dance very soon!

Also, in the hopes of furthering interest in this SAL and because so many people are using social media for showing off their stitching. I have created a FB group for this SAL.  It is currently a Public group but once the group has built up I will probs make it a Closed group.  Anyway, let's see how it goes.

Well, that is all from me for this week - see you next Friday.

hugs, 





11 comments:

Brigitte said...

I also had the best intentions to show my Friday stitching here but also fell by the wayside as the last year was so full of life events. But maybe I will manage to post my Friday stitching this year - at least every now and then.
Great stitching on your Prairie Schooler piece.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great work on this piece. I have shared the Friday Frolic blog on the IHSW group too.

gracie said...

I need some extra motivation so maybe this will be my push.

Chars said...

Love this sampler

FlashinScissors said...

Nice to see you back here, Kaye! I hope to join in again this year, I’m always stitching on a Friday evening anyway, but I need to organise some of my abandoned projects and get working on them again!
Great progress with your Prarie Schooler!
Hugs,
Barbara xx

Joysze said...

welcome home, Kaye!!! I have thoroughly enjoyed your traveling pics the last few months!! Christmas sampler’s looking gooooood!!!

Carm said...

I have been stitching almost every Friday night just haven't taken pictures :(

Linda said...

Hi Kaye. I don't even remember you having this blog. I just went through last years posts and love all your stitching. I am really loving your PS piece on this post. Makes me want to get my chart out and start it. Are you ever going to work on any of the charts I sent you?

Linda

Khristine Doiron said...

Great progress!! And I just asked to join the group. I would love to join all of you stitching on Friday evenings but they always seem to be busy for me. Maybe when the kids get a bit older they won't be but for right now I just get to sit on the sidelines and see all the beautiful stitching you all do :)

Kaisievic said...

Hi Linda, I hope that you are feeling better now. Yes, I promise that I will one day soon.

Kaisievic said...

Great Khristine, welcome aboard.