Friday 3 March 2017

My Eighth Frolic for 2017...

....  again involved a little bit of creative timing because, as seems to be the case so often and was indeed again this Friday, I was quite busy.  A very good excuse this time - I spent ALL day helping my sister move house!  So, once more I fudged a little and started my FF on Thursday and then snatched a little bit of time on Friday evening once I had settled myself in my comfy stitching chair with a heat pack for my back (sore from all that bending and lifting and unpacking boxes) and a cat to cuddle.

Firstly, I worked on finishing this sweet Spring Celebrations design by The Primitive Hare.  It is a freebie which you can find here.

I found a scrap of overdyed fabbie and just managed to squeeze the design on it but I changed all of the colours to hopefully create a very sweet, very pastel, springlike feel.



Once I had finished this piece, I was too tired to go rootling around in my Girl's Nest for an old WIP, so I settled for a more recent one, one that I am finding very soothing to stitch.



Design: Do more of what makes you happy
Designer: Abbey Rose Designs
Fabric: 32ct Grey-spotted
Floss: Mixture of suggested and own choice over-dyed threads

These pics below show you where I got up to last time I posted about this piece in January - as you can see, I am close to finishing.






Anyway, enough "rabbiting" on from me for now - off to do some laundry and hopefully some sewing in my Girl's Nest.


hugs, 

Kaye



6 comments:

Rachel said...

I love your stitching projects. The primitive hare design is very 'spring'! I love the colors you chose :)

Have a great weekend! Hopefully no more moving boxes!!!

Khristine Doiron said...

I so love your color changes on The Primitive Hare piece! I love everything she designs. And Do More is looking great too! Hope you are feeling better today! It is always nice to be able to help out family :)

FlashinScissors said...

Lovely projects, Kaye! I love your colour changes, and would like to stitch this pattern. Just need a little free time now!
Thanks for the link.
I hope you are quite recovered from the moving!
Barbara x

Linda in Calif. said...

Oh I love both your works. Do they make the nicest background fabric nowadays, so pretty. I really wish I would take the time to do some hand stitching. In fact, I'm going home after work to see what leftover project I have, and start working on it.

Brigitte said...

A nice little spring finish, Kaye, and the overdyed fabric and thread for the letters let you really feel spring . Nice progress on the Abbey Rose design, too. The dotted fabric is just perfect for this design. I also have a piece of dotted fabric but so far I didn't dare to use it, lol.

newsurfiegirl said...

Love your gorgeous stitching! I can see why you would want to work on the Do More of What Makes you happy it is stunning!