Tuesday 9 August 2016

Serendipitous Jo's Thirty-Second Frolic of the Year

Last Friday was the first day of the Olympic Stitching Challenge in the Stitch Maynia FB group.  The admin there have given us a theme for each day and Friday's was The Olympic Rings - Blue.

So I stitched some of the blue on Little Snap Dragon by Kustom Krafts.  Not as much as I wanted because I was called into work to cover someone in the morning.  But I managed some:

stitched on 32 count Murano Evening Sky from Crafty Kitten

Close-up to show the area I worked on: 

On Sunday I spent the afternoon doing some finish-finishing.  Last year I stitched the Hallowe'en Cubes by The Primitive Hare and this year I am determined to finish them properly to display in time for the spooky season.  I decided to make a "low-sew" cube.  Not a "no-sew" because I still have to whip stitch the edges on these ones but they work well.  This one took over two hours but hopefully I will get quicker the more I make.  The plan is to make one every weekend and then start on the Christmas Cubes so they will be done by this Christmas.  Posting on here each weekend might help me keep on track!

This post shows my technique - "low-sew" cube

Here is H:


The orange fabric came from Plush Addict and I got the same design in purple and black so I can vary the colours.  I also bought some wadding to add a padded front to the cube.  Gosh, don't you get a lot of wadding for your money?  I spent £3.95 and got loads!


2 comments:

Khristine Doiron said...

Pretty blues on your dragon! And I love your low-sew cube!! This one and the Christmas pattern and high up on my wish list!

Stitching Noni said...

Love your dragon!
The no-sew cube sounds just up my alley!! Great finish :o)
Hugs xx