Wednesday 24 August 2016

Serendipitous Jo's Thirty-Fourth Frolic of the Year

Last weekend was IHSW and I would usually be working on Elizabeth Shephard but she is finished!  I just can't decide on a replacement for her.  I am veering towards Joan Elliott's Faces SAL or maybe a series of smaller designs.  I just can't decide!

Anyway, this IHSW fell towards the end of the Olympic Challenge so I continued with that.  Friday's theme was Silver and I had nothing with silver in it so that called for a new start.   I got out my collection of the JCS Christmas Ornament Specials (2010-2015) and discovered this one from 2010:

stitched on 28 count Colonial Blue evenweave

The design is by Forget-Me-Nots in Stitches and is called 1862 Snowflake after an antique beadwork pattern they had.  The charts suggest using all beads but I have substituted silver for the crystal beads to fit the Olympic theme.

I worked all day Sunday and Monday so I haven't got a finished cube to show you.  I will have to do two next week!

5 comments:

CathieJ said...

I am looking forward to seeing this up close so that I can see those pretty silver beads. I love the blue background.

Kaisievic said...

Very pretty, Jo.

Khristine Doiron said...

What a pretty sparkly snowflake! Can't wait to see it all finished!

diamondc said...

Jo: Excellent choice, I look forward to seeing the finish.

Blessings
Catherine

Brigitte said...

Looks very pretty with the silver thread.