Monday 30 May 2016

Serendipitous Jo's Twenty-Second Frolic of the Year

The fourth Friday is the day I start the next letter in the Brooke's Books' Stitcher's Alphabet ready to head up The Alphabet Club post on the first Saturday of the next month.

Here's my start on K:


I'm stitching this on a long thin piece of 28 count afghan fabric with the aim of making a soft book at the end of the alphabet.

It's a really weird fabric to stitch on because what appear to be little blocks in the fabric are not over two threads but three so while I could use them to stitch the design, it would be 9 stitches to the inch not 14 and the letters would not fit.  So I am ignoring the blocks and stitching over 2 threads.  Which makes counting difficult!

4 comments:

Brigitte said...

Nice start on the K. Seems really difficult to stitch on this fabric. I have never used afghan fabric so far. I love the idea to make an alphabet book with all these letters.

Khristine Doiron said...

That does sound like weird fabric! But you are making a lovely job of stitching on it :)

Mini said...

That sounds like a tough fabric to work with. I'm sure you will find a work around and we will see a beautiful K soon.

Stitching Noni said...

Great start on K! This piece is going to be really gorgeous when finished and it will worth the pain of counting!!
Hugs xx