Monday 2 May 2016

Serendipitous Jo's Eighteenth Frolic of the Year

Last Friday was the Fifth Friday in the month and I have nominated this event to be Teresa Wentzler Friday.  Which does not alliterate at all.

Heather Silver Lotus is stitching the Byzantine Ornaments as her contribution to the Smalls SAL and I love them.  She has inspired me to start mine.

I am using a burgundy 28 count linen which I had scraps of in my stash.  Not much of a margin but just enough!

Here is my progress on Ornie 1:


You can see the thread sorter I have made because the same gold colours are used in each design.  They are so similar and yet in traditional TW style she has chosen to blend them!

Because I changed the fabric colour, I have changed the accent colour too.  The originals use green, blue or lilac but I will use red 321 for each ornament.   

I'm going to continue with this one today and see if I get a Bank Holiday Monday finish.

5 comments:

Brigitte said...

Jo, such a gorgeous ornament start. And these reds of the fabric and the threads, absolutely my colours.

cucki said...

It's so beautiful dear friend..
Happy stitching x

Kaisievic said...

Love the red and golds together - magically Christmas.

Stitching Noni said...

Gorgeous! Love that fabric colour... the gold is going to look stunning - can't wait to see it finished :o)
Hugs xx

Khristine Doiron said...

So pretty!! Great choice using 321 as the accent color :)